I'm giving thanks for
- good work
- good friends and helpers
- a wonderful family: Bill, the kids and grandkids and great-grandkids
- a wonderful place to live
- today's good, simple food (ham, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, broccoli, pecan pie)
- tomorrow's rain (I've got my fingers crossed)
- Toro and Molly Maguire, companionable members of our pack
- the new president and his smart advisers
- the Internet (so I can share this with you)
There's more, of course. I'm also grateful for the working vacation coming up: we're leaving for our place in New Mexico on Saturday, and I hope to stay through mid-January. I'm taking yarn, books, DVDs, more books, more yarn. I'm looking thereforward to quiet evenings, cold weather (it's 70 here in TX today--ugh), and maybe even some snow. My next post, probably, will come from there.
In the meantime, click on over to "Telling HerStories" and read my post, "Glories."
Reading Note. Whether we are leaving it or coming into it, it's here that matters, it is place. Whether we understand where we are or don't, that is the story: To be here or not to be.... Among the greatest of all gifts is to know our place.--Barbara Kingsolver